Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Here we go

I am excited about the new school year starting...but at the same time I am bracing myself for a year full of changes. I've already spoken to things that I would like to see happen in my classroom and in my attitude toward teaching this year. Those things I will continue to develop and write about throughout the year. But once school starts, it is 100 mph until it's over.

So there are things I am a bit anxious about for this year. Learning how to balance having a child and working. I know millions do it, but I just need to figure out what is best for my family. I am a bit nervous about leaving her, though in very good hands with both of the grandmothers. I have this fear of her forgetting me because she is only 3 months. I just don't want to miss anything.

John finishing law school in December. This will mean a whole new door opening for us, but one filled with the unknown. The bar exam to study for, starting a new career, managing all of the change and our family. I know this is an exciting point and such a answered prayer to see an end to this part of the journey, but we don't know what is next.

Going back to school myself. I am ready to go back. I want to tackle this now while Coley is still so little. I am trying to decide the best avenue in which to pursue my masters. I know that going to school every night isn't an option for me at this time. I am just beginning the research and plan (fingers crossed) to start in the spring.

I know everything will fall into place. It seems at times that the more you have to do, you are able to do more in the time you have (hope that makes sense). I am going to try and just enjoy this weekend with my family and put school/work thoughts on the shelf until Monday. Why worry today about something you can worry about tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment